Contract: Corsham MOD
Contract Value: £465,000
Description: Six, three level office areas and a large double height GOSCC installation. Security type trunking installed for data cabling, with most of the project works being either underfloor or at high level.
Corsham MOD facility was completed in 2011 at the cost of £690 million, the facility houses The Ministry Of Defense’s Global Operations Security Control Centre (GOSCC), The Joint Security Co-ordination Centre (JSyCC) and the Joint Forces Command’s Information Systems and Services (JFC ISS).
The office floor plates shared an identical electrical design philosophy, with the majority of services sited below the suspended floor system that included;
- LV basket
- Mechanical services basket
- ELV basket
- Undefloor power busbar
The suspended floor required 16mm bonding cable to be attached to the pedestals in order to conform to the MOD earthing specification.
The office area lighting was provided by suspended luminaires (that contained the lighting control devices for absence and presence detection).
The GOSCC area followed the same power requirements underfloor, however due to the ceiling height lighting was achieved by the use of high bay lights which had the ability to be raised and lowered via a touch screen keypad.
Trident’s remit in the office area and GOSCC buildings is as follows:
- Full containment installation for all services
- Installation of all fuse boards
- Installation of tap off boxes and associated sub mains to fuseboards
- Installation of all small power, lighting and lighting control wiring and terminations
- Testing and certification
- Aiding in the lighting commissioning
- Providing as fitted drawings